Of Some Interest
Welcome back to OSI! Have a great day!

-The OSI crew
Of Some Interest
Welcome back to OSI! Have a great day!

-The OSI crew
Of Some Interest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk, write, and chat!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forever Running, Forever Tuesday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ellie
Admin
Admin
Ellie

Forever Running, Forever Tuesday Empty
PostSubject: Forever Running, Forever Tuesday   Forever Running, Forever Tuesday EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:25 am

I haven't posted a story anywhere in forever! Haha, well here I go.

BTW - my writing style has taken a major change, don't be surprised. It happens.

Preface

Why had I wished that? Why couldn't I have wished for something that was worth anything? These were my self-consuming thoughts as I ran through the main gate to outside the dusty city. Outside the desert. Outside of normality.

I just didn't know it yet.

Chapter 1

I sat outside of the house, on the doorstep. It was about midday, on a Tuesday. Looking around the sun-scorched buildings, I took another bite of my bread bun.
"It's hot today," I muttered to no-one in particular, apart from the horses whinning in the stables opposite my house, and the bustling marketplace down from where I sat.
"Kan!" Mother called from inside the house. I stood up, dusting the golden flakes of sand from my linen skirt, and I entered the house.
After being outside in the golden rays, the darkness almost hurt my eyes. Everything was achingly odd. I blinked, and the colours turned back to normal.
"Kan," Mother repeated, "I want you to go and see Jaques today."
"Ohhhh," I hadn't meant to whine, but it had come out before I could stop it, "do I have to?"
"Yes," she barked, "he really likes you, and anyway, I want you to take him out of the city for awhile."
"You know how dangerous it is!" I objected, annoyed with this turn of events. Today was Tuesday, and I was going to ride the horses across the street.
"Kan," Mother warned me in a low voice, "you know it's not fair..."
"I'll go," I unwillingly agreed. "But you promise me that I'll be able to ride them tomorrow?"
Mother let out an exasperated sigh. "Alright, I'll let you do that."
I grinned. "Thank you!" Giving her a quick hug I left the house, and padded in my leather sandals down to the the orphanage.

-

So, what do you think? Should I write more? Gracias!
Back to top Go down
http://mysteriousmagicblog.blogspot.com

Forever Running, Forever Tuesday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Of Some Interest :: General Discussion :: Writing-
Jump to: